Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yesterday I made...

Thirty-six dozen cookies!

True. Story.

And my mom? Is AWESOME. Also a true story.

I made Real Cool Cookies, Sandwich Creams, Pudding Cookies, and Macaroons. I dyed the macaroons pink and the filling for the sandwich creams pink. These cookies are for a wedding. Any guess what Jenn's wedding color is?

Here's a recipe for macaroons (which, again, were dyed pink.)

Preheat oven to 350.

1 lb. shredded coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk (DO NOT use low fat or fat free, I don't care WHAT kind of diet you are on)
2 t. vanilla

Mix. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a heavily greased or parchment-covered cookie sheet. Top each with 1/4 of a Marrischino cherry or a piece of pineapple (optional). Bake until light brown on top (about 8 minutes).

Store them in an airtight container.

I doubled this recipe and made about 7 and 1/2 dozen. They are super pretty, even when not dyed, and really quick and easy to make.

Enjoy!

Peace, love, and pink macaroons,
Kim

1 comment:

mama-lady said...

Kim,
I adore coconut anything! I am going to try your macaroon recipe.