Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One of my easiest, most favorite recipes EVER...

And I'm only sharing it because so few people actually read this blog. This recipe is for Peach Shmutz. I got it from the mother of my Georgia friend, Lee, so you KNOW it's going to be good. Although, when Mrs. T. gave it to me, she called it Peach Cobbler. I guess that, because I serve it in bowls with a scoop of vanilla ice cream all melty and delicious on top, it's never really resembled a "cobbler." So, shmutz it is!

Preheat the oven to 350.

4 c. peaches, skinned and sliced (about 7 med. peaches)
1 c. self-rising flower
1 c. brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine, just a little colder than room temperature

Put the peaches down in a greased baking dish (if you want your shmutz thicker, use a 9x9, a little thinner or to make it stretch, use a 9x13).

Mix sugar, flower, and margarine until mixture is coarse, adding more flower if needed. Sprinkle mix evenly over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes, until crust is brown.

This dish has become my most-requested - by my family, by The Jordan's family. It's wonderful, and so easy!

This recipe is also great with APPLES. If you take this recipe, stir in a little cinnamon with the apples before you put them in the baking dish. When you make the crust mixture, add some cinnamon sugar. This is a fall favorite that even my dad likes!

No comments: