Thursday, May 29, 2008

Easy dip recipe!

Every year, my parents, my godmother, the Jordan, and I go to Ligonier Days. We buy cha-cha knick knacks, eat lots of food, and visit this gi-normous antique store. Something we buy every year are these little dip packets. It's powdered spices that you then mix into a mixture of sour cream and mayo. There is only one downside, and that is that you have to use the whole packet, which makes a considerable amount of dip. I have discovered an alternative.

Penzey's Spice Company (seriously, people; check them out) makes dip mixes that make smaller batches. Because I'm a spaz, I like to doctor mine. Here is my favorite:

Make one batch of Penzey's Horseradish Dip the way it says to on the bottle. Then add about 2 teaspoons of dried dill, a tablespoon of dried minced onion, and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to let the onions soften. Delicious on veggies, crackers, pretzels, and chips alike!

1 comment:

mama-lady said...

Kim,
I love your recipes and musings! There are more than three of us!