Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oh man...

After class last night, I was starving, which isn't surprising when you consider that the class wasn't over until 9 at night and I had eaten lunch (from the O!) at around noon. Anyway, I decided to go to Kazanski's, on Murray Ave.

For the longest time, I've really been hungry for corned beef and cabbage - I always get the extra-lean corned beef; all that fat just weirds me out. Anywy, that's what I ordered, along with a side of lima bean soup (which I may or may not have eaten on my way home... while driving).

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

It was, in a word, AMAZING.

My mom was watching Big Brother 37, or whatever season they're on now, but we were going to watch Wipeout after. So I brought my food downstairs, where my mom proceeded to try it and delcare it some of the best she's ever had, too. Apparently she used to have a really good recipe for corned beef and cabbage, but my picky dad doesn't eat it, so she tossed it. Which means that I will be posting again later today when I find a recipe. Yummmmmmm!

Is it weird that we LOVE boiled cabbage?

Peace, love, and corned beef,
Kim

No comments: