Monday, July 14, 2008

I learned something tonight...

And I thought I should share it with you. I went to The Jordan's house after class, and, after eating, was asked, "Kim, is this wine any good?"

"Oh. Does wine go bad, really?"

The Jordan informs me, "It sure smells ripe..."

I purse my lips at him and take a sip from the bottle (hush, no one else was going to drink it and I didn't feel like dirtying another glass). I then purse my lips at the horrible, sour, gritty taste in my mouth.

"Wow. I thought you were kidding that there was gunk at the bottom of the bottle. "

As I walk over to the sink to dump the putrid grape juice, I realize, "Huh. Wine really can go bad." Just thought I'd share that little tidbit with you all. Lesson learned? Seal your opened bottles properly. Or just drink it all before it has a chance to go bad. Either way.

Also? Jordan texted me while I was in class tonight, starving to death, and tells me that I can either have ravioli or chicken ad rice for dinner when I get to the house. Actually smiling with glee, I text him back, "DO YOU MEAN CHICKEN AND RICE AS IN MY FAVORITE THING THAT YOUR MOM MAKES???!!?!?!?!"

Jordan: "What?"

Me: "The stewed chicken. Is it the stewed chicken with the rice, like I loooooove?"

*long pause while Jordan apparently has to find out what stewed chicken is*

Jordan: "Well, it's grilled chicken with kind of a Mexican rice."

*long pause while I inwardly weep until I realize...*

Me: "Ooh! It's like a summer version of my favorite!"


And Mrs. M did not disappoint. While the summer version is not as good as the hearty original one, it was still delicious. And please understand, Mrs. M is a wonderful cook and makes all sorts of crazy, cool, exciting things. She rolls her eyes every time my love of stewed chicken with rice is mentioned, in fact. Much like my mother, when I gush about how much I like chicken with cream sauce over toast. I guess I'm simple like that.

Anyway, lots to do!

Peace, love, and simple deliciousness,
Kim

1 comment:

mama-lady said...

Kim,
When I would come home from college (my first time around!), my mom would ask me what I wanted for dinner. My answer was always roasted chicken with REAL mashed potatoes. I'm with ya on the whole chicken thing :)